Your Professional Chapel Hill Electrician
The Volt Doctors have provided our friends and neighbors in the Chapel Hill area with quality electrician services for over two decades. We know that electrical issues and projects can be incredibly stressful. That’s why we offer prompt, 24/7 emergency service along with clean, courteous installations and upgrades.
As Your Chapel Hill Electrician, Here Are Some of The Repairs & Services We Provide:
- Lighting Repair and Installation
- Outlet Repair and Installation
- Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Code Inspections
- Emergency Electrician Services
- Data Wiring and More!
Homeowners, we’re here to help, whether you’re installing a bathroom fan or pre-wiring your dream home. When it comes to our residential services no job is too big and no job is too small. We’re in and out fast to help your home stay comfortable and safe.
Are you a business owner? We’re ready to help you too. We offer every electrical service your business might need, such as security pre-wiring, high-voltage landscape lighting, generator installations, data wiring, and more. We get the job done right because we don’t want you to lose any time or money to faulty electrical wiring or services.
The House Doctors know that many people enjoy DIY electrical projects, too. Our blog is full of tips for handling these smaller projects safely, and we invite you to look around. However, we also urge you to call us if you feel overwhelmed by the scope of any electrical project. You should only ever work with electricity if you feel 100% confident about what you are doing at all times. If there is any question in your mind that you have the expertise to handle the project then it’s safest to call us.
In the event of a power outage you can call Chapel Hill’s power company, Duke Power Electricity, by dialing 1-800-777-9898.
Are you starting any kind of electrical project here in Chapel Hill? Follow these simple procedures to avoid problems.
- Call “Miss Dig” by dialing 811 before doing any digging, even in your own yard. This is to make sure that you don’t cause a serious accident by damaging underground pipes, gas lines, and electrical wires.
- Orange County requires a building permit and inspection for most electrical projects. Homeowners must pass an Electrical Exam if they do not have an electrical contractor’s license.
- If the work costs more than $30,000 you must hire a contractor.
You can find more information about Orange County’s permit and inspection process here.
If you choose to work with us, we can guide you through the permit and inspection process. Reducing these headaches is one great reason for working with a licensed electrician! If you are in the Chapel Hill area don’t hesitate to call us today for a free estimate.