If you’re looking for clean, courteous, affordable service in Cary, North Carolina, then call The Volt Doctors. As a lifelong resident of the Triangle area, owner Andy Clark, cares about your home and your business just as much as you do. We’re not just commercial and residential electrical contractors – we’re your friends and neighbors too!
As Experienced Electricians in Cary, We Provide:
- Lighting Repair and Installation
- Outlet Repair and Installation
- Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Code Inspections
- Emergency Electrician Services
- Data Wiring and More!
We offer a full range of residential services. Are you staring down the barrel of old, faulty wiring? Be safe and call us. Are you pre-wiring your dream home? We’re ready to go. Are you doing something small, like upgrading your bathroom fan? That’s no problem. And, of course, our 24/7 emergency services are available should you need them.
We also offer a full range of trustworthy, reliable commercial services in Cary. Need a new generator? We’ll get it done right. Data and security wiring? No problem. We offer our 24/7 emergency services to businesses, too. Don’t let a wiring malfunction threaten your profits – just call us and breathe easy!
Are you a DIY enthusiast? Don’t forget to check out our blog to enjoy a wide variety of tips, tricks, and projects. Just stay safe while you do them. Follow all product instructions and call us if you have any doubts about the work that you are doing.
Remember, in the event of a power outage you will need to contact your local electric company. In Cary you’ll call Progress Energy at (800) 452-2777.
Are you starting any kind of electrical project, including electrical rough-in and final wiring for a new home building project? Your local county will usually need to be involved.
In Wake County:
- You will need an “M” permit to “install, alter, repair, replace, or relocate any electrical material, appliances, or equipment.” You can apply for an “M” permit online.
- If your project costs will exceed $30,000 you are required by law to allow a licensed contractor to do the work for you.
- Once the work is done you will be required to schedule an electrical inspection.
- The Wake County Inspection Forums are a good source of information for specific questions you may have about many different project types.
In Chatham County:
- Some permits require an electrical contractor’s license; some do not. You do not require a contractor’s license if you are a person who “is himself and for himself installing, maintaining, altering, or repairing electric work, wiring, devices, appliances, or equipment upon his own property when such property is not intended for rent, lease, or sale.” Check the Chatham County website for other requirements.
- Chatham County requires you to have a permit when you want to “install, alter, repair, replace, or relocate any electrical material, appliances, or equipment.”
- You can download a permit application.
In either county you should also be sure to call Miss Dig at 811 before doing any digging at all. Otherwise you could damage underground power lines, gas lines, and pipes.
Here’s one advantage to working with The Volt Doctors: we handle permits and inspections for you! If you are in the Cary area be sure to call us for a free estimate on whatever electrical work that you need.